NOTICE: As of June 15th, 2021, Help Is On The Way has ceased operations. You can read more here.
Volunteers are vetted by our staff, which includes an interview and reference checking, and a volunteer orientation prior to assignment.
Applicants who are approved to join Help Is On The Way as volunteers will be asked to sign a volunteer agreement is a commitment to follow our rules and procedures, to waive liability, to consent to use of pics and videos in which they might appear, and to comply with law during their deliveries, and to other appropriate terms and conditions.
We are committed to onboarding volunteer drivers who are good people and trained to follow safe practices. These procedures are subject to change as new information and practices arise.
For example, at time of publication, our volunteer drivers agree to:
- Practice social distancing of at least 6 feet, and other safe practices such as wearing masks and no touching their faces, during deliveries and all other time.
- Carry hand sanitizer and sanitizing wipes with them on all deliveries.
- Before and after making a delivery, wipe down anything touched, and assume there is Coronavirus on everything.
- Never enter anyone’s home or apartment.
- Deliver products while social distancing at all times. For example, a volunteer may arrange with a client to leave items at the front door without actually seeing the client. Volunteers will have no physical contact with clients. Interactions with clients are important to us and we wish to spread Aloha, but the means will be by phone or conversations from afar.
- Remove themselves immediately from the driver availability list if (a) they are not licensed to drive or do not carry legally required automobile insurance at any time, (b) they have had known exposure to someone with COVID-19, (c) they have a fever, cough, chest pain, or shortness of breath, and (d) they have travelled by air or ship within the last three (3) weeks.
NOTE: Due to CDC Guidelines, persons 65 or older cannot be delivery drivers but can volunteer in other ways. To learn more please fill out the form below.
For more and current information, please see the CDC site at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/prevention.html.
If you’re interested in volunteering, please fill out the form below: